Saturday, June 03, 2006

Jetzt wünscht wer Eiscreme?

Late in the afternoon yesterday, while running HTK (Hidden Markov Model Toolkit) in the Digital Signal Processing Laboratory (DSP Lab) for our ECE198 project, power interruption struck the Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) Bldg due to heavy rain. I and my project partner, Ivy, opted to go home because we could no longer accomplish anything with the unstable power supply status of the building. We both agreed yesterday to continue our disrupted work today at exactly 9am. We also concurred that whoever comes late, or in case both of us come after 9am - the person who comes after the other, will have to treat the early bird with any ice cream selection he/she has in mind. Then we synchronized our watches so that we have the same time basis.

The contest began. This morning, my alarm clock served me well by making me get out of bed just in time for me to arrive earlier than the cut-off time which is 9am. The bad news is, the travel time seemed longer for me today than any other traveling day I can ever imagine (of course, this is an exaggeration). I arrived around 9:06am - just 6 minutes late, but who cares? Late is late. No quantifying factor must be considered.

The good news on the other hand is, as I checked our logbook to see whether someone has already opened the lab or otherwise, I found no one who by now has obtained the key from the guard. Meaning - I still won our game. And I am looking forward for a free ice cream this lunchtime. I don't know what the moral of the story is. All I know is that luck, or maybe Heaven, is just on my side today. I hope it would continue indefinitely. Haha.

Now, who wants ice cream?

Auf Wiedersehen!!!
|
Superman Returns