Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Of Anti-Aging and Antioxidants: Third Part

Additional details about the Pharmanex® experience:

I already mentioned in the Second Part that I and Elma met at Starbucks® Megastrip. As usual, I never missed the chance to buy my favourite frap - Chocolate Cream (actually, Rhumba was my favourite but Starbucks® already scrapped it from their menu). The venti size costs PhP 140.00 and I know it's not a worthy purchase in some people's point of view. Whenever I can afford, I make it a point to try and indulge myself with the delectable luxuries of life - eating and drinking (but NEVER smoking).

Before the AVP, Marlon Ilagan briefed us about what to expect that afternoon. He noticed the TALL thin plastic tumbler I was holding and commented, "Nakakaubos ka ng ganyang kalaki? Grabe, kung ako 'yan, kanina pa ko pabalik-balik sa restroom." I ignored the remark and the time continued to pass by.

Daniel, the person whose name I withheld in the last post, also had his own unintentional and indirect patama-statement concerning my coffee extravagance. This was in connection to the idea of us not ending up having business with them just because of not having enough money to invest. He stated to the audience, "Don't tell me you currently don't have at least PhP 12,300 but you can pay for a US$ 3.00 coffee and acquire hi-tech gadgets. Shame on you!"

OUCH! - was all I could think of saying but thank God I ceased myself.

I admit I am a high-maintenance kinda guy. I spend a considerable large sum of my wealth (-> haha) in products and services that will make me look and feel good - but still, I DO have limitations. I am also the type of person who uses up my cash reserves as long as I enjoy, I make other people happy, I quench my thirst and satisfy my hunger, and I want/need/like what I obtain. Honestly speaking, I am an impulsive buyer. That's why my bank account is usually at its minimum/maintaining balance. Not to mention that I, more often than not, give a percentage of my stipend/salary/"kick-backs" to my un(der)employed parents.

So, do I have to feel guilty or not for presently not having that amount to invest to his company?
|
Superman Returns