Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Perfect Day... Almost

Why is the UP DOST Core Group Office located beside Kamia Residence Hall? Any reason you give me, I won't accept as a valid one. Let me tell you the story of my almost perfect day that ended in a painful ordeal - well, I exaggerated here for a bit.

7:00 am -> I had two slices of YELLOW CABs. Yummy...

10:00 am -> My EEE190 completion slip was finally released with a grade of 1.75 (not bad!).

12:00 nn -> In a very crowded carinderia within UP, I and my buddy were still able to sit down and have nice lunch.

2:00 pm -> Internet connection in DSP Lab was as fast as lightning.

4:00pm -> Enlistment almost finished; DOST scholarship continues.

...and then...

4:30 pm -> While walking down the stairs of UP DOST Core Group Office, I spotted two familiar faces - an old "friend" and her female friend. They are both dormers of Kamia. This "friend" I am pertaining to is the one who gave me many sleepless summer nights. She's the reason why I was alone during our college's Graduation Ball - which I enjoyed, anyway. This girl left a hole in my heart when she told me that we were officially... OFF.

In short, I was nothing to her but an empty seat; she found someone else to fill in the vacant space. What really bothers me is the fact that I may see her on any given time and, for sure, bad memories and painful thoughts will be awakened within me. Thank God, her company this afternoon was just our common friend and not the guy who have crushed my ego - if that were any consolation to me, Thank God indeed.

5:30 pm -> Moving on (literally and figuratively)...
|
Superman Returns