Saturday, July 01, 2006

Aruba

...the MUSIC BAR, not the CARIBBEAN ISLAND.

Last night, I, Glenn, Marien, May and Liz (you missed the experience Ghe, and we missed you) all went to ARUBA in Tomas Morato, Quezon City (near Ratsky Morato). I can't recall the last time I dropped by at that kind of night spot, or if I have ever visited a similar place in the first place. The closest thing I can remember is our post-graduation ball escapade at SITCOM Comedy Bar in Las Piñas City and my frequent sosy-coño dinner with my BERKS and/or FORCE partymates at BARko in East Avenue, Quezon City. At 21, I admit that I am a late-bloomer when it comes to adult/daring/mature night life. Thanks to my college friends, I get to experience such events I missed for 20 years.

Maybe the reason why I seldom do bar-hopping is because I am not the type of person who virtually allots certain portion of his allowance or savings for luxuries like watching movies at a first-class theatre, eating meals at a fine-dining restaurants or hanging out at expensive discos/bars. Not to mention the fact that I hate the idea of inhaling other people's smoke whenever I stay inside a confined smoking area like discos and bars.

Anyway, yesterday was a terrific night because the scheduled band, Juan Miguel with The Authority, was composed of total performers. Versatile is an understatement for their exceptional musical talents, especially that of the vocalist (who resemble a close friend Leon Marco Ebarle a.k.a. BIBO, haha). Most of them can sing well and some can play at least two instruments. They performed songs from the 70's (Eagles, Sting), 80's (The Buggles, Madness, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears) and 90's (Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, U2). However, when a customer requested for The Calling's Wherever You Will Go, no one from the band knew it. For heaven's sake, where were they when that song hit Manila by storm in 2002? Maybe, their CD collection ends in 1999.

Our night ended with their rendition of U2's With or Without You. In few weeks time, Glenn will be leaving for Toronto and May will be fying to a Cleveland-suburb; the event last night served as a mini-despedida for them. Bon voyage to both of you!

Okay, SABADO NIGHT tonight!!! Joke... Haha ;)
|
Superman Returns