Monday, December 11, 2006

Scare Tactics

No, this is not about the reality program shown on JackTV. This is my very own "reality show".

Last night, all I thought was that night was just another ordinary night after a whole day of review classes at Excel Review Center in Morayta, Manila. I was wrong. While waiting for an FX ride with Paul Tibayan in front of University of the East - Recto, a typical-looking man of about 20 to 30 years old passed by our rear. I accidentally glanced at him while he almost tripped and lost one of his footwear. I suddenly felt a "spider instinct". I knew he was planning something... something bad.

As I expected, he deliberately walked a few feet away from us (maybe to conceal his intentions from us) then appeared from the pillar beside me. I was not surprised when he talked to us (primarily to me, because he was looking at me); but I was surprised to what he said, "Gusto ninyo, paputukan ko kayong dalawa?"

Still shocked, I managed to get a few metres away from him with Paul also starting to inch away. It was then he once again spoke to us, "O, saan kayo pupunta?" I was waiting for a gun shot (because we saw him holding "something" under his light brown jacket... something we were not sure of), but no other sounds were heard coming from him. We assumed that the crazy man flew away as we approached a crowded and lighted spot of the sidewalk.

We never saw a single hint of the man since then, but we kept our alertness due to the idea of him coming back from nowhere considering that the rain was pouring heavily and there were no FX taxis passing by after nearly 30 minutes of waiting under the rain. We only felt safe when finally we were able to hail one.

----

Paul, remember that this is the second time someone approached us on that same spot? The first one was a man who claimed that he was held-up and had no money or any other possession at that time because the alleged robber took all his belongings including his backpack. He was asking for money so that he could go home. I know we also moved away from the that self-confessed hold-up victim because his physical appearance suggested otherwise. Haha.

Hopefully, next week and until April 2007, no other similar situations may ever happen again.

Labels:

|
Superman Returns