Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What Nature Destroys Man Rebuilds

"I lost my daughter 36 hours ago, what's so natural about a natural disaster?"
--- IAN CARTER, Tsunami: The Aftermath


The highly-anticipated docu-drama in memory of the 2004 Asian Tsunami premiered on HBO (in partnership with BBC Networks) last night, exactly two years after a deadly tidal wave hit 11 countries across Indian Ocean that killed more than 200,000 people, a third of which were children. It was loosely based on the accounts and interviews conducted on several survivors from Khao Lak Fishing Village and Khao Lak Resort in Phuket, Thailand.

The two-part made-for-TV-movie is one of the best of its kind because it delivered clear, unadulterated, and well-written script. The actors are also commendable considering no one among the cast is an A-list celebrity except Academy Award® nominees Tim Roth and Toni Colette.

The plot was very heart-touching and the effects were breath-taking. For the synopsis of the said film visit its website.

----

Detour

Earlier this day, I recieved a job contract from Accenture. They gave me until the first week of January to accept or turn down the offer.

That gives me enough time to weigh my options as I undergo a final interview at NEC tomorrow morning.

Labels: , , ,

|
Superman Returns