Monday, January 15, 2007

An Unweak Week

(an-an-wik-wik)

The current week is definitely one good week to start the year.

January 13 14 and 15

It was Dyan's birthday last Saturday while it is Jeff's today. What a great idea to jointly celebrate their special day with us in the Barkadahan. Clarwin, Jeff, May and I all skipped our last review session yesterday to meet other "01 and beyond" friends at SM Megamall. Carlo also cut the third class but went to his girlfriend's radio stint at Campus Radio. He told us that they would just go straight to the meeting place after Karlene's shift. The four of us arrived way ahead of everyone so CL suggested that we watch a ballet performance in a program staged at one of the mall's atria - anything just to kill time, although CL and May confessed that they are indeed ballet aficionados.

Around 6pm, one by one, Dyan, Elma, Winston, and Bevan (in chronological order of appearance - haha) started to arrive. I remember the moment we stayed at Seattle's Best® Megastrip while waiting for them - how one of the shop's crew stared at us noticing we hadn't ordered anything from them. That was when Dyan came and bought the lone proof that we were indeed valuable customers - a LARGE Brownie Javakula®.

We decided to dine at Sbarro® as, again, one by one, Norman, Ivan, Carlo & Karlene arrived. Jeff over-estimated our appetite and purchasing skills -> in short - kapal ng mukha pag may nalilibre - joke :), that he commented, "Hindi man lang ako pinagpawisan sa mga orders ninyo!". I noticed Dyan was quiet regarding Jeff's remarks, especially when almost everyone started to ask for additional items. (Haha, peace Dy!). Seriously, I know, no money can match the feelings we had everytime the Barkadahans are together. I know that because after texting Dyan with a thank-you-note, she quickly replied this: "Okay lang yun, LOVE ko naman kayo eh!". Isn't that music to our ears?

CL and May went home early... And as usual, after a choir obligation, Liz, the queen of Barkadahan Gimiks, arrived late... and tired. Few minutes before 10pm, the establishments around us including Sbarro® were already starting to prepare for closing. We then all agreed to let Liz eat her dinner at St. Francis Square where fastfoods operate 24/7. However, we ended up in Jollibee where closing time is at around 1030pm. In a very stannge chance, Liz ate fast - with less talk on the side. She finished quickly... but sadly, so did our get-together. We parted ways few minutes past 1030pm.

It was a happy day for the happy celebrants and happy friends. Haha!

Here are some of the pictures Norman captured with his digital camera.

The place to be.

Notice the two yellow arm bands? They are from that cute lady in pink stripes.

Hahahaha.

ton, onin, panorms, may, cl, bevie

The two on the far right are our birthday boy and girl.

jeff, elms, ton, onin
Jeff: "No sweat"; Dyan: "I'm sweet"

may, cl, dy, jeff, elms, ton, onin

Notice the empty plates? That's how big are appetites are.

Who's that lady beside me?

Three isn't a crowd, especially with that nice background logo.

Ganda man sa Miga! Ibang-iba sa porbinsya!

The couple in front of me is the Carlo&Kyle duo.
----

The 14th of January was also my parents' 34th Wedding Anniversary. Although the family just had a usual day, we cherished that 34 years our parents stood strong for my brother, my sister and me. They are still standing strong for us to ensure that we will not break and fall apart as siblings and as heads of our own family (ako na lang pala walang asawa haha).

Today is also my Aunt Virgie's birthday! Happy birthday Auntie!!!


January 16

Tomorrow is the deadline I set for myself to decide what career move to take for the next few years. Accenture has an offer, HP promised to give me one this week, NEC already deferred ny application for a few months due to lack of trainers, and TrendMicro assured me a slot last week. I think, I should give myself at least one more week. This is a life-changing decision so I better pick the best option. My fingers are crossed...


January 17 18 19 and 20

On the 17th, it will be my nephew's 3rd birthday. His name is Sameer F. Al-Bugami, a son of a Saudi Arabian Air Force pilot and my cousin who is a nurse in KSA. He has never been to KSA; my cousin arrived last Saturday from KSA to organize her son's party on the 20th. Tsibog na naman ito!

On the 18th, it's Jonat's birthday. He is one of my friends outside the "01 and beyond" batch.

On the 19th, it's my Kuya's 33rd birthday! He is the father of my very cute pamangkins Teriz and Wakki.

----

Happy Birthday to all of you!!!

Labels: , ,

|
Superman Returns