Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Number 23... Nah, just "number".

300

I and my co-reviewees watched 300 last Sunday when Excel Review Center experienced power interruption and classes were cancelled. As I see it, the movie based on Frank Miller's graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae Pass has storyline more or less faithful to historical facts and the movie The 300 Spartans except of course in the aspect of portraying the Persians and the addition of mythical beings. It has a similar cinematography and editing to that of Apocalypto, Passion of the Christ and Gladiator. Its stunts resemble those in Troy, or better. The special effects, though most of the time are unbelievable, are comparable to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The thrill of watching it matches the one I felt when I saw V for Vendetta for the first time. Overall, the movie is not just good but great as well and I sure will buy a copy of it when VCD/DVD versions are released.


13

Last Tuesday, my cousin Roma and her boyfriend Frederick migrated to the US for good. Our family accompanied her to the Centennial Terminal where they had their non-stop flight to Los Angeles's LAX. They are the second couple of home-friends I somehow lost in a matter of year. A pair of siblings, Israel and Almira, also left the country last September to pursue their studies and join their dad who is based in London for almost a decade. The farewells and goodbyes were tearful, all of them are part of a bigger barkada we have back home. We have a very tight extended family and parting indeed leaves us with sweet sorrow. We promised one another that someday, we will all be present in a clan reunion showcasing our individual successes and triumphs in life. On that very special day, we are all already BIG TIME people!


26

This number represents the number of days before the much anticipated April 2007 ECE Licensure Examination. All good souls out there, please pray for all the examinees.


X

I received a call from Globe last night regarding a scheduled exam I have to take tomorrow morning. The HR person sounded familiar on the phone. She told me that her name is REGH (pronounced as "rej"), which is also a familiar nickname to me. I sensed something I can't explain. A few moments after our conversation, my phone once again rang. Now, it was just a text message that read, "Musta? Regina 2. Rmbr? Bhay k b? Pd tau usap?" My intinct was right, the lady I was talking to a while ago was indeed my ex-girlfriend. What a moment!

Anyway, she's now married to a wealthy civil engineer from La Salle and they now have a baby girl named Rianne Carla.

Okay, that's it!

Labels: , , , ,

|
Superman Returns